iVote® is the Commission's online and telephone voting system which was available for the 2017 State general election. iVote® is a registered trademark of the NSW Electoral Commission. The registration symbol will not be used throughout the rest of this website.
What is the iVote system?
The iVote system is a form of voting using a telephone or the internet at a location of your choice. iVote is compatible with a number of screen reader software.
Who can use the iVote system?
iVote is available to people enrolled to vote in WA who cannot vote without assistance because they:
- have insufficient literacy skills
- are blind or sight impaired
- are otherwise incapacitated.
How do I register for iVote?
The following information illustrates the registration process:
- You must be on the electoral roll
- You will need to make a declaration that you are eligible to use iVote
- You will need to provide a 6 digit personal identification number (PIN)
- You may need to also provide a secondary form of identification i.e. Medicare or Passport number
- Your iVote number will be sent to you via your nominated method, either SMS, email, letter or phone.