Instructions on the ballot, specifically from a Desktop and Tablet experience (mobile devices follow a very similar path).
- To access the voting system enter your 8 digit iVote number and 6 digit PIN.
- Tick the box to declare you have not previously voted at this election.
- Number the first candidate of your choice by double clicking (Desktop) or tapping (tablet) on that candidate’s square.
- Alternatively, you can press the N key when you are in the edit box for that candidate.
The Legislative Assembly ballot on iVote by Web.
The ballot will be presented as follows:
- At the top of the page there are some short instructions and a link to further Help.
- Then the ballot title with the name of your voting district.
- This is followed by a set of instructions specific to voting in the Legislative Assembly ballot.
- The candidates are then listed. Each candidate is formatted Surname and then First name with their political affiliation (if any). There is a square to the left of the candidate’s details, this is where you indicate your preference vote.
The Legislative Council ballot on iVote by Web
The ballot page is structured as follows:
- There are some short instructions and a link to further Help.
- This is followed by two links, the first takes you to the start of the Above the Line ticket vote section of the ballot and the second takes you to the start of the Below the Line candidate preference section of the ballot.
- The ballot is made up of two parts: Above the Line and Below the Line. You may vote either Above the Line OR Below the Line.
- Above the line the parties, groups or candidates are listed horizontally.
- Below the line the candidates for each party or group are listed vertically. At the top of each candidate list there is a link which will move you directly to the next column. At the bottom of each group of candidates there is a link that will return you to the top of the column you are currently on.
- Each candidate is displayed in up to three lines: Surname on the first line, then First names, then political affiliation (if any). There is a square to the left of the candidate details, this is where you enter your preference vote.
Voting above the line
- Indicate your most preferred party, group, or individual of your choice by double clicking on that relevant square.
- Alternatively, you can press the N key when you are in the edit box for that party, group or individual.
- If you are voting Above the Line do not enter any numbers Below the Line.
Voting below the line
- If you vote Below the Line you must number all squares for all candidates in the order of your choice.
- You must assign consecutive numbers to all squares for your vote to be counted.
- If you are voting Below the Line, do not enter any numbers Above the Line.