iVote® is the Commission's online and telephone voting system which will be available for the 2017 State general election. iVote® is a registered trademark of the NSW Electoral Commission. The registration symbol will not be used throughout the rest of this website.
What is the iVote system?
The iVote system is a form of voting using a telephone or the internet at a location of your choice. iVote is compatible with a number of screen reader software.
Who can use the iVote system?
iVote is available to people enrolled to vote in WA who cannot vote without assistance because they:
- have insufficient literacy skills
- are blind or sight impaired
- are otherwise incapacitated.
How do I register for iVote?
Register for iVote between 13 February 2017 and 10 March 2017. You can then start voting from 20 February 2017. The following information illustrates the registration process:
- You must be on the electoral roll
- You will need to make a declaration that you are eligible to use iVote
- You will need to provide a 6 digit personal identification number (PIN)
- You may need to also provide a secondary form of identification i.e. Medicare or Passport number
- Your iVote number will be sent to you via your nominated method, either SMS, email, letter or phone.
- Monday 13 February 2017 - registration opens at 8.00 am WA time
- Monday 20 February 2017 - vote casting begins at 8.00 am WA time
- Friday 10 March 2017 - registration closes at 6.00 pm WA time
- Saturday 11 March 2017 - verification closes at 6.00 pm WA time
- Saturday 11 March 2017 - vote casting closes at 6.00 pm WA time
- Monday 13 March 2017 - receipt service opens at 9.00 am WA time
- Wednesday 15 March 2017 - receipt service closes at 5.00 pm WA time