Enrolment is compulsory 

Enrolment is compulsory for all Western Australians who:

  • are aged 18 years and over
  • are Australian citizens (or a British subject who was on the Roll between 26 October 1983 and 25 January 1984)
  • have lived at their current address for at least one month. 

Electors who are aged 17 years can provisionally enrol. They can only vote when they reach 18 years of age.

Enrolled electors are eligible to vote in Commonwealth, State and local government elections.

How to Enrol

You can enrol online.

You will need a driver’s licence or passport number to confirm your identity. If you do not have a driver’s licence or passport number available, you can have a witness confirm your identity. A witness is any enrolled elector.

Once you have completed the form, return it to the Commission.

Check your enrolment

Check your enrolment at any time using our online tool.

Update your details

If you have recently moved house, or need to update your enrolment details, you need to complete an enrolment form.

You can:

Special Enrolment provisions

Electors may be enrolled under one of the following categories:

Some electors may also be able to register as a general early voter (external site PDF, external link). Eligible electors can apply to have postal voting packages automatically sent to them for future election events.

Local government elections

When you enrol to vote, you will be automatically included on the local government roll for your place of residence. If you own or occupy property, you may also be eligible to be enrolled as an owner/occupier for that local government district or ward. See local government enrolment or contact your local government for more information or to enrol as an owner/occupier.